It’s been a great weekend, including a day at Go Ape and using a GoPro for the first time. Sadly though, it’s now Sunday, which means putting some thought into the week ahead. On Sunday I tend to think about food for the week, especially breakfast as I’m usually rushing around in the morning.
One of my favourite things to make is my Mum’s homemade granola recipe. It’s super simple, healthy and tastes gooood. I make a big portion and put in a tuppaware box for the week. I like it with Greek yoghurt and fruit, or sometimes just milk.
- 300g rolled oats
- 2tbs vegetable oil
- 125ml maple/agave syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g crushed nuts (almond, hazelnut, cashew, whatever you have)
- 50g coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- 100g dried berries
Tip: I sometimes add an extra small handful of raisins if I want a fruity granola.
- Heat the oven to 150C, 130C fan/gas 2
- Mix the oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl and add all the ingredients except the coconut flakes and dried fruit . Mix well
- Tip the granola onto 2baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes on the top and middle shelves. After 15 minutes remove the baking sheets from the oven and mix in the dried fruit and coconut.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more until the rolled oats takes on a light golden colour.
- Remove and scrape into a bowl or flat tray to cool.